PSC, Baja 19 - 26 May 2018 Clinic 2
The windsurfing in Baja is pure down-the-line heaven. If you are looking to boost your wavesailing, look no further. 2018 May is now Booking!
Here's the lowdown
See below for more info...
$TBA discount on all full balances paid before September 30th 2017 for the 2018 May trips, which are now priced at 2017 rates, gets you the all inclusive 8-day trip with round trip plane transportation from San Diego to Punta San Carlos, Baja, rental windsurf kit, all your food and drinks, deluxe tent accommodation, use of all the toys and much much more! Price on application and depends on length of stay. £425 for the weeks coaching payable to Jem. You cover your own flights to San Diego, USA and back.
2018 is near sold out as this is one of my fastest selling clinics so please book early to avoid disappointment. Contact me to discuss your ability and booking for 2018 and join me for the adventure of a lifetime. Check out the pics on my facebook photo galleries page. For other wavesailing coaching venues please consider Moulay in July, Psc In September and Jeri, Brazil in Nov/Dec for 2018. Please note that 2018 is already selling fast and that this clinic has a huge amount of returners as it is just amazing, so please book early and lets enjoy the waves together : )
The windsurfing action
During the week I will be assisting you in developing all aspects of your wavesailing. You will improve in your riding through better wave selection, gaining more speed, making more vertical radical turns and improved positional awareness. If you are less experienced in waves then I will demonstrate efficient and safe ways of launching and getting out the back and of course getting you back in safely, then we will work towards better airtime and catching waves more effectively. Baja goes off and we will be sailing at one of the world’s easiest and most consistent beaches for DTL wavesailing. PSC, Baja has season long wind and waves and we scored 6/7 last year and 12/14 for those who went for 2 weeks. I will be coaching through use of simulators, on-water coaching and video coaching. Please feel free to give me feedback on how it is going for YOU at any time so I can give you the best opportunity to develop.
Your windsurfing ability
For this Baja clinic, you should be able to sail a short board competently, and have done plenty of coastal sailing with some experience in waves. Your gybes will be fairly consistent and being able to tack will be a bonus, and you will have sailed in strong winds with total waterstart confidence.
2018 Ezzy Elite, Zeta and Taka 3/4 wave sails rigged on Ezzy carbon masts, Goya sails rigged on Goya masts and Streamlined Carbon booms. (£RRP 599!) 2015 - 2017 boards from RRD, Quatro and Goya and they will have tri fins, twinzers and quads there. They have over 75 boards from these brands in both older and current models, which are available to the whole camp of 20 people max. You will need a harness, summer steamer wetsuit and boots/shoes, if you so wish.
The social here is made by all the people in the camp and our fine hosts Solosports who are great characters and extremely welcoming and funny. Having a sun downer and reflecting on the possibly one of the best sails of your life is a great feeling and the bar is manned by YOU or anybody who wishes to be bar person that night, drink as much or as little as you like and wind down from a great day in the ocean and / or on the MTB’S.
- Fly in to San Diego on Friday May 11th out of LHR, or relevant airport, for an evening / late afternoon arrival to San Diego for Clinic One May 12th to 19th.
- BA has a direct flight to San Diego Return from London Heathrow.
- If you are doing a transit in the USA then leave at least 3 hours between flights as you will have to clear customs and ReCheck in again.
- For Clinic Two on May 19 - 26th fly in on Friday May 18th (or on May 11th if you are doing the first week of warming up) out of LHR, or relevant airport for an evening late afternoon arrival to San Diego.
- Sleep in a San Diego hotel where a lot of SoloSports crew meet.
- Minibus to small airport in the am of your relevant clinic week to catch small 4 seater planes to arrive in Psc, Baja (10 metres from the campsite!) for 1 – 2pm ish and then sail, surf, MTB.
- Leave from Psc to San Diego on Saturday May 19th in the afternoon for Clinic One, Saturday May 26th for Clinic Two.
- Sleep in San Diego - a whole night or a few hours. Flight out of San Diego to home on Sunday May 20th for Clinic One that normally arrives in Europe on Monday May 21st in the am, flight home on Sunday 27th May for Clinic Two, with an ETA of Monday 28th May for Clinic Two.
- Some people RISK a Saturday night flight out of San Diego as the Psc planes NORMALLY land around 17.00, but this is if all flights go smoothly and their is no fog etc etc.
Surfing and stand up paddle boarding are world class in PSC, Baja and included in the price. It can be a beautiful start or end to a day and teaches you a great deal about waves.
Awesome Mountain biking with specially built routes and easy to use route cards and guided rides are often available. You can use the centres top of the range downhill machines.