Ultimate ADVANCED INTERMEDIATE to ADVANCED Boost
Achieve your personal windsurfing goals in Mauritius, the new performance boosting venue.
The windsurfing in Mauritius has absolutely everything you could need: flat water on the inside and a variety of different wave breaks will give you the opportunity to choose your playground. From gybing to wavesailing you are sure to progress whilst windsurfing in Mauritius and enjoying all the luxuries of the Indian Resort Hotel.
- Stance – earlier planing, improved upwind sailing and full speed in total control
- Carve gybes – improving and working towards
that elusive planing gybe.
- Tacking – nailing this useful and
- Freestyle – introduction and improvement
to lots of new and useful tricks
- Jumping – experience your first airtime, getting
higher and try rotating if you’re so inclined.
- Wavesailing - The waves on the reef give you a great opportunity to develop your getting out skills, wave selection and waveriding skills. From cross on and small to down the line and full speed frontside its all here -with the warm water, safety cover and Jem's watchful eye giving you the confidence to push it that bit harder.
- The coaching - I will be coaching through use of simulators, on water coaching and video coaching. Please feel free to give me feedback on how it is going for YOU at any time so I can give you the best opportunity to develop.
Your Windsurfing Ability
- Advanced Intermediates - to get the best out of this clinic participants will
need to be fully blasting in the
harness and footstraps,
waterstarting and be getting round some
- Advanced - the the sky is the limit. For
the budding wave sailors you should be able to sail
a short board competently, and have done plenty of
coastal sailing. Your gybes will be fairly consistent and
you will have sailed in strong winds with total
We will be staying at the Indian resort hotel, a fantastic
retreat that will accommodate singles, partners and families in style.
Fabulous breakfasts and delicious evening meals are included, and you can choose from a variety of different cuisines. I will be organising group meals or you can take some time out and do your own thing, its your holiday. This place is very accomadating if you are travelling with a non-sailing partner or your family. Pure luxury in a stunning location with excellent facilities and lots to do.
- Boards - Mistral and Fanatic
- Sails - North Sails
You can also discuss with Sportif and my self the option of bringing your own kit which will incur you excess luggage on the flight. Some people just like to use their own much valued toys!
When booking your board through Sportif I recommend the below boards
or a suitable alternative:
- Advanced intermediates - Fanatic FREEWAVES according to your weight.
- Lighter/more advanced people – Smaller FreeWaves or Twins, Skates
Side shore from the left giving flat water plus a variety of different wave breaks offering everything including bump
and jump, small waves and world class wave sailing. A veritable skate park, flat water downwind, small waves / bump n jump in front of the centre. Out to little reef for cross on waves and some jumping & riding our out to the legendary Manawa for smooth cross off down the line pure frontside joy. Winds are great for progressing from 5.8 to 4.7 weather and average 70% planing days over last 3 clinics!
The social will revolve around us meeting up for some
well-earned pre-dinner drinks and then having dinner
together in one of the fine and varied restaurants.
Daily flights from Heathrow, approx 12 hours.
A huge range of activities including: kids club, gym,
2 swimming pools, 3 lightened tennis courts, volleyball,
badminton, bowls, touch-rugby, aerobic, parlour games,
table tennis, water-polo.
Independent LOCATION review posted on iwindsurf.co.uk
Please contact me for